Sunday, December 20, 2009

Pure Bliss

Pure Bliss. The words echoed within me and my mind!



It was 6am and I woke after only couple of hours of restless sleep. The train was over crowed, dirty, noisy and the mosquitoes kept humming; not to mention the hard berth that can give you neither comfort nor sleep.


As I climbed down, from my berth the first thing that struck me was a fresh cool breeze, so pure so clean that in spite of the sleepless night I was suddenly refresh. And then I couldn’t wait to reach home. It was months after I was going back home to meet my family, definitely an occasion to look forward to after all the hard work I had put in I totally deserved this break. As the train approached my destination, my impatience to alight from the train grew.


The moment I stepped, on to Ahmedabad station, I forgot it all, the pain, the stress, frustration and the hardships that had gripped me for several months. This was nothing but a happy occasion. On way home, I realized the air was so clean and pure, totally pollution-free. The cool breeze was nice not chilling, not cold, just perfect. It posted a smile on my face, a smile I felt to the heart. As the streets whooshed by I reminisced all the wonderful times I had spent them. Mind travels faster then light, and I was suddenly amongst all the crowds at the street hawkers, experiencing all the good old times when me and my friends, had been to these places, street side hawkers jogging and hogging in the early morning hours.


This is what I always wanted and need nothing more. This was better than any vacation anywhere on planet earth. The smiling faces of my parents and family and the love in their eyes as the hugged and welcomed me to the warmth of our home, was the perfect setting for holidays. After all what better gift can one ask for Christmas? Yes I got my Christmas gift, way before Christmas. And yes, this ecstatic feeling of homecoming is nothing but pure Bliss…in fact better than the joy of heaven!

0 comments: