Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Poetry by me : Silence Within Me!


I am here, but not..

The voice that emerges from this throat is not mine

I am here, but still I am not

The thoughts that invade this mind are not mine

I am here, but not

The feelings that arise in this heart are not mine

I am here, but still I am not

This body that is alive is a facet of many dreams woven together by invisible threads

This body, it belongs to someone other than me, for I have no sense of feeling, emotion

It is only when I am in this body that I feel these worthless needs of the body...

to nurture it, to care for it, to feel pain, to feel joy.

I am here... minus the body, mind, heart I am here, my soul and I.



Remarks: Finalist in International Poetry Competition for this poem. Got published in book and CD